Sweet Summertime Strawberry Champagne Mojito
Hi + happy Friday!
I’m pretty stoked to share today’s post because it’s a super delicious recipe for summer AND it includes my all-time favorite adult beverage, champagne.
One of my favorite things to do is sit on our front porch and enjoy the fresh air. It's actually what sold me on our new house! I've always wanted a covered front porch so I could sit outside, enjoy sunsets, sunrises and watch those beautiful Oklahoma storms roll in. If you happen to stop by the Rad Maverix HQ this summer, you'll likely catch me sitting on the front porch in my rocking chair and sipping on this sweet summertime drink. If you love the refreshing taste of mint then you’re going to love this sweet bubbly twist on the classic Cuban Mojito.
Go ahead and fix yourself a glass or three...
prep time 10 min
Cook time 5 min
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup diced strawberries (plus a few whole strawberries to garnish)
- 4 tsp raw sugar
- 3 limes (or 4 oz of fresh lime juice)
- 4 oz white rum
- 1 bottle of your favorite bubbly
LET'S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Place sugar, strawberries, 7-8 mint leaves and the juice of 3 limes in the bottom of a glass pitcher. Muddle until the mint has released its oils + the strawberries are crushed.
- Stir in 4 ounces of white rum.
- Pour mixture into 4 champagne flutes (or cacti margarita glasses if you're in the prickly mood).
- Top each glass off with your favorite bubbly and garnish with strawberries + mint leaves.
*add ice if your bubbly isn't chilled to perfection.
I’ve also tried this recipe with blueberries and it is equal parts amazing and energizing. Next time I make this, I'm going to try blackberries!
What's your favorite summertime drink?
Recipe adapted from the Suburban Soapbox