What's In My Makeup Bag (Spring 2018)
I’ve had a few requests on the ‘gram to share what beauty products I use + what my daily makeup routine looks like these days. Although my basic day-to-day routine RARELY changes (like, I’ve been using the same style of products for what feels like, furrever) I do love trying new products occasionally! With that being said, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but not much has changed since my last 'whats in my bag' post LOL I am a creature of habit and when I find products that work well with my (sometimes-finicky) skin, I like to stick with it.
I have been using and continue to use the IT Cosmetics line for my base coverage. I don’t like a lot of coverage, I prefer the ‘barely there’ look when it comes to the ‘foundation’ part of my routine. I have previously used the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream but have found my skin feels healthier + freer when I only use powder for coverage.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye for concealing the under eye area (My girlfriend over at kristinacorinne.com, gave me a great tip when using this concealer! Rub between your fingers to warm up before applying - or if you're lazy like me, apply to your undereye area and let sit for a minute while your body temperature warms up the product and allows for easier and much smoother coverage.
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Concealer for concealing dark spots + those pesky little blemishes
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Your Skin But Better Powder for the “foundation” part of my routine
- IT Cosmetics Skin Perfecting Brush - a double sided brush for concealer and powder
- Clinique Blush "Precious Posy" - You guys, this is my tried + true blush. I've been using this brand and same color for more than 10 years! I always go back to this brand!
- Cargo HD Highlight - I've been loving the subtle bronze this highlight offers
As far as the eyes go, I tend to use bronzey and neutral colors to help my eyes stand out. I always feel like it’s harder for those with blue eyes to get their eyes to “pop” and not blend in with their face because they are considerably lighter than other eye colors. (Flashback to high school when heavy black eyeliner was all the rage 😩🤦🏼♀️)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer - I have oily skin so this helps my eyeshadow stay in place — even after the gym! This is another tried + true go-to.
- Tartelette "Flirt" Eyeshadow palette
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Curvitude - This mascara (+ my lash serum) has changed the game for me. I accidentally found this mascara on an end cap at ULTA and didn't realize it was "waterproof" until after I had used it and couldn't figure out why I was having such a difficult time removing it LOL I have never bought a waterproof mascara on purpose in my entire life but I am actually LOVING this mascara! It lengthens + adds the perfect amount of curl to my lashes.
- Nyx Eyeliner - I normally only wear eyeliner if I'm going out, but this brand is my go-to
- Nyx Eyebrow Pencil - This has been a continuous beauty repurchase, I'd even say it is comparable to Anastasia Beverly Hills, but less expensive!
My go-to's lately have been my standard red lippy and new to the crew, a 'plumping' lip gloss. I love a bold red lip and I really like that it has become a part of my signature look (I actually feel naked without it!).
Have you tried these beauty products? What's in your makeup bag?