A few months ago I stumbled across Miss Melanie Pace. I was 1/2 way obsessed and 1/2 way impressed. This babe is equal parts badass gym junkie and style extraordinaire. She's like the sister you always wanted...so you could not-so-secretly steal her (entire) wardrobe. If her style doesn't catch your eye just wait until you meet her sassy + outgoing personality. Melanie is a personal shopper and has frequented major networks, like Fox and NBC, offering up her best style tips and fashion how-to's; keep reading to learn more about her entrepreneurial journey.
1. Tell us who you are, where you’re from and a fun fact or two. My name is Melanie Pace. I'm a wardrobe stylist, personal shopper, and fashion blogger. I am born and raised here in Orlando and I played softball my first 2 years of college before going to FSU to study Fashion Merchandising and business.
2. What is the best part about being an Expert Fashion Stylist? How has owning your own business changed your life? The best part about being a Fashion Stylist is being able to help people. Whether you’re inspiring a young person who is interested in styling and owning their own business or getting that person ready for a big event and they feel like a million bucks, its always a rewarding job.
3. How would you describe your style to someone who doesn’t personally know you? Thats always a fun question for me. I have so many styles I'm attracted to, and I feel like I love wearing them all. From bohemian, to girly, to rocker, I am forever a lover of many styles!
4. What drives you to pursue your passion each day? Well first as much as I don’t like to say this, its about making money. Being successful isn’t all about making money, but if you aren’t profitable when you’re doing any job, you should probably be rethinking some things. I am really blessedto be able to make money doing what Im passionate about and to keep creating new ways to be , inspire others and continuing to have fun while doing it all.
5. What advice would you give to an entrepreneur just starting their journey? Do NOT give up! There will be so many days where you feel like your just running in place. Don’t let this fool you. Come up with a plan, write it down and read it everyday. Do one thing off your list that will get you to that end point. Take that no and make it a yes somewhere else. Let the disappointments drive you, fuel you to do better and be better.
6. What is a not-so-secret indulgence or obsession you might have that goes against Society’s grain? Is eating an entire large pizza by yourself going against Society’s grain? because this is no secret in my life! but may have a few judgments if I told you how many times Ive accomplished this.
7. What are your hidden superpowers? I am a big lover. I love real hard. My family, my friends, my business, people who are in need! I like to think that if more people had this superpower, we would all be way better off.
8. What is your favorite quote? Be the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. - Maya Angelou
9. What is bliss to you? A day off with absolutely nothing to do. Being with my family and friends laughing and enjoying what this life has to offer!
Keep up with Melanie
photos in this blog post courtesy of www.instagram.com/melaniepace